| 1. Put him through. 把他转∕接给我。(标准的电话用语)
2. Put it on my tab. 记在我的帐上。tab为小纸片的意思,在过去没有签帐卡、信用卡的时代,外出购物可能会发生带不够钱的窘境,于是乎老板通常便把所赊的帐记录在一张小纸片上,因此put it on one's tab便是「记在某人的帐上」的意思。
3. No hard feelings. 请别见怪,不伤和气。
4. We split it, fifty-fifty. 我们五五分帐。
5. What took you so long? 怎么那么久?
6. I'm done with… 我受够了……
7. Take your time. 慢慢来,不用着急。
8. I am on one's side. 我跟某人站在一边。
9. Could you do me a little favor?能不能帮我一个小忙?
10. You're way out of line. 你实在是太过分了。
11. I'm all ears. 我洗耳恭听。
12. By all means 当然
13. By no means 绝不
14. You got that right. 你对了!
15. in my way of thinking 在我看来,就我而言。也可以说as far as I am concerned
16. a sight for sore eyes 人见人爱的悦目之物或者让人赏心悦目的东西
17. You're well on the way. 你有慧根或者悟性高。
18. pain in the ass. 眼中钉、肉中刺
19. Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
20. Drop me a line!写封信给我。
21. Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
22. Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好!
23. It's a long story. 唉!说来话长。
24. Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。
25. I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑汁。
26. I am so fed up. 我受够了!
27. She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚。
28. What's the catch? 有什么内幕?
29. Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)。
30. Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹火了!
31. Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
32. Catch you later!再会!
33. Don't bother me!别烦我!
34. Do you often work out? 你经常锻炼吗?
35. I need to get back in shape. 我要减回到原来的身材。
36. Be my guest! 不用客气,请随便!
37. What's on the schedule for today? 今天有那些日程安排?
38. Do I have any messages? 有人给我留言吗?
39. I'm not myself 我烦透了!
40. I can read your mind。我能理解你的意思。 |